Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My 3 Jobs...wanna be 4

#1. Hair stylist...what I was born to do. Most people dream in color, I dream in hair! haha! Seriously I love it!

#2. I like to call myself a volunteer for the Preeclampsia Forums. I spend COUNTLESS hours a day on there. I used to be OBSESSED, now I still check the site at least 4 times a day. Hoping I can be helpful to someone along the way.

#3. The internet queen. Not just facebook anymore (I know I know its up 90% of the time) But im usually blogging, working on Angel Baby Names  researching Preeclampsia, Hellp Syndrome, Factor V Leiden, Still Birth, the list goes on.


Depending on how this next year goes I am really thinking about going back to school to be a nurse. I would take classes like 1 or 2 days a week, I dont care if it took me years to finish, and I may never work as a nurse...but I just want to learn more.

My starvation of learning more about health is crazy. Not just oh trans fat is bad for you health. Im talking about what your TSH and T4 free levels are. What are your platelet levels? Whats your LDL and HDL levels?  Are you taking a statin drug...because if you are you should be on COQ 10 (Because lets be real total cholesterol #'s are just a number) Whats your blood pressure? Whats your mean blood pressure?  Have you been tested for Vitamin D deficiency? I know wayyy more than I lead to about all of this health junk. Thats what happens when you almost lose your own life. So that is something that my future would possibly hold? If I were to do this...I would want to be something with OB department. This would not be for the next year (In hopes that I get pregnant) I will see where this journey takes me.

5 comments:

Rikki said...

Since having my boys i have really wanted to do a nursing course and become a rurse and eventually become a midwife. I have never really been interested in this before but from my experience in hospital with the midwifes made me really want to be able to help others too.

Abigail said...

I think you would make an amazing nurse as you already know so much. Also you have been through one of the hardest things a person could go through and you would have so much compassion for others in the same or similar situation!!! Best of Luck!!

Unknown said...

You would be an amazing nurse! I say go for it!

love and prayers
elena

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how much you learn when you loose a child about your own health. Sometimes I feel more qualified to handle my health concerns then some of the MD's I deal with.

Maggie said...

I say go for it too! I think you would kick some major butt at it! :) And it sounds like you have a real passion for it. That's so important. XO