Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Promise Walk 2010














Well on a 90 degree scorching hot day. We walked 1.5 miles for Cara. I also read my story and poem which are below

My name is Laura Meindel. On November 16 2009 I admitted
myself to L&D, and it was there that we heard the words "Im sorry your
baby has passed" Within what seemed like minutes I was diagnosed with
Severe Preeclmapsia and Hellp syndrome.I was almost 31 weeks pregnant.
My daughter Cara Angel was born sleeping the very next day November 17.
She was 2 lbs 11oz 16 in and perfect. Preeclampsia took my daughters
life and almost my own. I have realized more than ever how precious
life is and how quickly it can be taken from us. This poem I wrote is
for all those who's lives have been touched by this horrible disease.


My Mom is a survivor
By: Laura Meindel

My mom is a survivor
She's left with this pain
She no longer has me to hold
She smiles through all the rain

My mom is a survivor
She fought it through
My mom is now here
With both me and you

My mom is a survivor
She smile and sings
Praise of the hope and happiness
I will always bring

My mom was a survivor
she tried and tried
You took her from me
You stole and lied

My mom was a surivior
but just for short while
she almost made it
now ill never see her smile

All our moms are survivors
Not a single story alike
Mom's bring us all together and help us fight

Fight for a cure
Fight for happiness
Fight for hope
Fight for bliss


Help us above with wings shine our light
Our moms are all survivors please help them fight













I have the best family and friends that joined me on my walk. Everyone who came with me on my walk are most of the people who have truly been there throughout my journey of loss.

7 comments:

Supposed to be... "Mama G"... said...

OH Laura, That poem is beautiful!! It looks like you had a beautiful day for your walk. Cara would be so proud!

Jaime said...

You are doing beautiful things in Cara Angel's name. It looks like you had an amazing day... you are a fabulous mommy!

xo

Lisa said...

I love your poem and applaud you for standing up and sharing your story. It looks like Cara had a great team walking for her. Hugs.

Lisette said...

So proud of you. What a wonderful way to honor Cara and to bring awareness. I am gald that your were surrounded by many people.

Maggie said...

Great poem! I'm so glad you had so many people support you! Cara is very loved. :) XO

Unknown said...

What a great day! Your poem is so beautiful and to get up and read it is so brave! What a way to honor your daughter Cara. Awesome! Thanks for sharing the picture.

love and prayers
elena

Unknown said...

What a great day! Your poem is so beautiful and to get up and read it is so brave! What a way to honor your daughter Cara. Awesome! Thanks for sharing the picture.

love and prayers
elena