Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Giveaway #2.

I am moving and I realize that I have books that I have read through my loss that have helped me through. I want to share them. Pass them on. So this is another giveaway of the book A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser
A revised edition, this book plumbs the depths of our sorrows, whether due to illness, divorce, or the loss of someone we love. In coming to the end of ourselves, we can come to the beginning of a new life. Includes a new preface and epilogue.

To enter please leave a message of how you lost your loved one. Does not just have to be the loss of a child. This book reaches out on all levels of loss.

Results will be posted Thursday!

5 comments:

Trena said...

I was 6 months pregnant with my twin boys...I went to bed feeling them kick and woke up a few hours later and my water had broken. I got to the hospital at 2:00 a.m and Bryston (our twin A) was born at 2:03 a.m. That's how fast everything went. Colton (our twin B) was breech and I had to have an emergency c-section with him and was put to sleep. By the time I woke up Colton had already passed away. He lived for 70 minutes. His daddy got to hold him as he took his last breath. Bryston lived for 5 1/2 hours and I got to hold him the last 30 minutes of his life. I miss my boys so much. We did test after test and it was finally concluded that my water broke due to undiagnosed incompetent cervix. It has been almost 5 months now and some days the pain is still so raw. ♥ Fly high my sweet angels.

Courtney said...

I've heard wondering reviews on this book.
We lost the twins at 22 weeks due to HELLP syndrome and then our rainbow boy at 23 weeks due to IC.

<3 yah girl

brigette said...

We lost our sweet kael at 5 months due to a neuromuscular condition. We love and miss him dearly!!

Jamie said...

I had bleeding all throughout my first trimester but nothing like what happened November 17th. I was admitted to the hospital and stayed for two and a half weeks. I was put in trandelenburg and put on magnesium sulfate. They told me they wouldn't help my babies until they reached 23 weeks. I was 21w2d when I delivered my twin girls Ava and Mackenzie. They were stillborn. It turned out that I two blood clotting disorders (MTHFR, Factor Vleiden), and lupus anticoagulant. I was taking heparin shots twice a day but it wasn't soon enough into my pregnancy...their placentas were 40 and 50% abrupted. They were born November 30,2010. They were just beautiful.

joelle g said...

Although I have not personally lost a child, I have seen it happen to one of my good friends. A week before Christmas baby Landyn went to sleep a happy, healthy baby...unfortunately he did not wake up the next morning. He was almost 14 months old. Although they have been told causes were natural, they still don't know what that cause is. To see my friend in so much pain is heartbreaking. There's not much of anything I can do to help her through this rough time except be there. I think this may help also...