When I was pregnant with Cara I started flu like symptoms around 26 weeks, then full fledged the day I admitted myself to L&D, by that time of course it was too late and I was 30 weeks.
Well yesterday I knew I was getting sick. Today full fledged! Sore throat, cough, fever, body aches, etc...no fun. Well tonight I took my BP its normal, however my heart rate was 142, and stayed in that range and still is...so of course I called the on call doctor. Since I do not have one single sign of Preeclampsia, he strongly believes that it is just the flu and prescribed me Tami Flu, and also believes that I am dehydrated. So tonight I am starting the Tami Flu and hopefully will start to feel better. I will also drink a TON of water, (may as well sleep in the bathroom hhaah!)
When I called in I started having flash backs. What happened last time I was in L&D. Ugh. Not to mention This is not good timing for me to be sick. I have not blogged about this but my Pappy Angel (Yup thats his last name) who I am very close with is in ICU. Pappy was always my hero gorwing up, still is...not much has changed, probably never will. He has been in ICU since Thursday, with no plans on leaving soon. I can't see him. #1. I am sick. #2. ICU is a place filled with germs...not a good place for a 29 week pregnant momma to be. He is suffering from a bad case of pneumonia, and his hemoglobin is super low. They really can't pinpoint what is wrong with him. Internal bleeding? Infections etc...they just do not know. He is so stubborn and strong. Pappy HAS to be OK.
At 83 He is a war veteran survivor, survived heart attacks, strokes, numerous bypass surgery's, diabetic, you name it, he has cleared it! He is a short italian man, full of life and energy. He really has never aged, always has looked the same in my eyes. Less grey hair than many 40 year old men I know. In 26 years I have never ever seen him unshaven! Please keep him and my family in your prayers. All 5 of his children are there day in and day out. Sleeping there. My Grammy is there every day as well. Pappy is who takes care of Grammy (11 years with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, has led her to age quicker than normal, so she has a walker, and can't get around much. He is her support, they have been married 58 years. I can only imagine how hard this is for her.) I just watched my father lose his mother, I can't wait another family member suffer from loss. Hasn't my family had enough?
Again, if anyone can make a sign, or anything that could be sent to him to get his spirits up that would be fantastic. He needs all the encouragement to get better as he can get.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










7 comments:
It's so hard not to be paranoid about coincidences like that. With Olivia, I had really bad heartburn a few weeks prior to getting HELLP, so when I started getting heartburn around 18 wks this time, I really freaked out, even knowing it really was just heartburn and totally normal. For whatever reason, it's gotten much much better and so I feel a lot better about everything. I hope you start feeling better too.
I'm sending prayers that your Pappy will make a quick and full recovery soon.
I would love to send a little something to him! Could you send me his address. I can get it in the mail ASAP. I hope you start feeling better soon as well.
hello from malaysia ! beautiful family you have :)
I will be praying!!! Yes, your family has endured enough..that's no question. I hope everything gets better..I have no words to say. I'm very sorry.
I am so sorry you are sick! I hope you start feeling better. Those flashbacks are so scary! Oh and so sorry about your Pappy. I will keep you you and your family in my prayers.
I cannot even imagine how unsettling it is to feel symptoms like you experienced when you were pregnant with Cara now while carrying Carter. I really hope the Tami Flu helps and you start to feel better soon!
So sorry to hear your Pappy is not doing well. I will pray that things get better for him, strength for not just him but the entire family! He sounds like an incredible man!
oh Laura, I would love to send something to your Pappy! Send an address to where it can be sent! I will keep your whole family in my prayers! xoxo BIG hugs.
Post a Comment