December 21- I went in to see my Cardiologist (who I also love) and he ended up prescribing a 48 hour monitor and another Ultrasound of the heart, which I will have done next week. He did make me feel good by stating that racing heart beat and palpitations can be common in pregnancy, however lets rule everything else out. I am TOTALLY fine with that. He knows my whole history with PE and HELLP, and asked "How did the treat your diagnosis your last pregnancy?" I almost laughed...what a joke. I just responded "They didn't" (Of course until everyone realized that I was NOT over reacting...and that my daughter had died) I went on to tell him I have a WHOLE new group of doctors who I love!
December 28- Today I got my heart monitor put on. I am kinda aggravated because the belt they gave me to wear it on SMELLS LIKE SMOKE. I am sorry but I am not a fan of smokers, its gross and lets face it you smell. UGH. Anyways its huge! I don't know how I am going to sleep in it! Wish me luck!
December 30- I finally at 9:40 am was able to take off the monitor!!!! Thank YA LORD! I was itching like crazy! I know it had only been two days but when I ripped those suckers off I had rashes underneath each spot where a sticky thing was. Ugh. I shall be getting my results next week. Am I nervous? No. The old me would already be calling an hour after I dropped it off asking if they had my results. Honestly, you can;t control anything. I have learned also that there is only so much of your "health" that you CAN control. Since this is NOT in my control, I sit back and wait...
January 11- I went last week for my 2D echo, and results are normal! My results from the 48 hour monitor just showed irregular heartbeats, but nothing to be concerned about. I am still having high heart rates and heart palpitations, but im guessing for me...its just another pregnancy symptom! Yay! I am relieved and hopefully in the next 8 weeks I will not have to go back!










5 comments:
Oh that thing looks really uncomfortable. Glad all is well with you and Carter.
Glad you have such good doctors that you feel comfortable with. And that there's nothing abnormal! ((hugs))
Oh, thank goodness everything is okay! I applaud you for all of the things you have to go through in pregnancy. I hope that when I get pregnant again that I will have the awesome attitude towards everything like you seem to have. Thanks for being an inspiration!
Hi. I nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out at http://beatsandbananas.wordpress.com/2011/01/11/stylish-blogger-award/
I'm so glad everything turned out ok. You are an inspiration to me as I survived HELLP too. I also ordered the book ZuZu's Petals. Thanks for doing a post about it!
Wow I give you so much credit for being as positive as you have been. I mean I knew you had a lot of doctor visits, but I am truly realizing just how often you are in and out of various doctor offices!! Thank goodness you are doing so well and that all your tests are coming back "normal". You are so right about things being out of our control. Good for you for staying positive and doing the best you can to keep yourself & Carter as healthy as possible! Keeping the prayers going for you both!
Post a Comment