I wish I was kidding when I say that. Pappy was released to go home after 28 days in ICU and rehab. Not even two days home, he was admitted back to ICU, at the moment we really are not sure why. Virus, another blockage? Pappy also had Cardiac failure, which he always has because of heart disease but with everything goin on. It is getting worse. Time will tell.
My mother is who I worry about. She is constantly there by his side. Watching my grandparents loose their sense of normalcy and independence. They live in a 4 bed room two story home, with no help. It is so hard on my family. Especially when my mother has a full time demanding job to worry about as well as myself and Carter arriving in 5 weeks. (Keep in mind we live with my parents) I think I moved in at a good time. I am here to cook and do whatever they need as is my husband.
On another note. Arthur my chihuahua has a luxating patella (like a constant dislocating knee) Which is common in smaller dogs and he will need surgery. This sucks. I do have dog insurance, the money is not the problem. I JUST went through a surgery in my chihuahua Charlie and lost him after. We are going to wait until after Carter is born as this problem only gets worse over time and he is not in pain.
Another issue that arised today is Miss Dayzie Mae. Some of you who know me know who I am talking about. She is 17 years old. My dog from my childhood (my parents dog). I came home today from Arthurs vet appointment to find her bleeding at the ear as well as mouth. Blood on the floor and wall. Really? I can't imagine my Gia would have done anything? She has lived with two dogs in the past 2 years and goes to dogggie daycare regularly? I also know that Dogs are Dogs. Dayzie and Gia never had any problems together in the past 5 years nor in the past month we have been living here. Nonetheless Gia did bite her. The vet said it was a puncture wound. I can't believe it. So frustrated.
Just another day in the life...
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
Our dog had to have knee surgery for a luxating patella when she was about 1.5. When they got in her knee, they realized that they needed to do *everything* (there are different ways they fix it, sometimes with screws, sometimes by making the groove a little deeper, and I think there's one other thing they do to fix them- she needed all 3.) It was really bad, to the point where her knee was out of place more often than not, the recovery was rough for the first week or so but got better and it was definitely worth it, her knee hasn't given her a problem since. Anyway, I understand wanting to wait completely, but it might be rough to have a needy post-op dog and a newborn too, so maybe take that into consideration.
I'm sorry about poor Arthur and I hope your grandfather is better soon too!
Oh mylanta Laura I am so very sorry that you have these things going on! I truly hope that they can figure out what is wrong with Pappy and that he can stay strong so he can have a full recovery!!
I am sure your parents are very happy to have you & Kyle there for the moral support. I think it is wonderful that you are doing what you can to help out around the house since your Mom is so busy being by your Pappy's side. I think it was perfect timing for sure.
So sorry that Arthur is having issues, but thank goodness that your insurance covers it. Hoping everything turns out well after he has his surgery!
Poor Dayzie..I hope her injuries aren't too bad and that she isn't in any pain. I wonder what happened to make Gia attack.
Hang in there
I went to see your blog and I liked to follow him.
www.vivendoteologia.blogspt.com
I will continue my prayers are your Pappy. I am so sorry he is back in the hospital. That has to be so hard on your whole family.
I hope your doggies are okay! There is always something going on everywhere I think, never seems to end! :( xoxox hope doggies are okay too!
btw you look great Laura, CONGRATS again to 32 weeks!
Post a Comment