Iam so tired of being sick! I started to feel off last Saturday. I assumed it was due to my move, and weeks of packing. Sunday I had the flu...fever chills etc. the on call doc gave me tamiflu. Monday My flu symptoms were gone and replaced with sore throat and coughing, as of yesterday I went to my Internal Doc and was given an antibiotic for bronchitious. As of today I began coughing up yellowish brown stuff. (Fun I know)
Today I assumed that since I am on an antibiotic, I won't be contagious and I started getting ready for work. I have been home since Saturday pretty much and I have been lying around since Saturday. I was ready to walk out the door for work when I realized I have not taken my BP. I sat on the couch a few minutes and took my BP. 122/111 heart rate 159. WHAT? I just assumed that my machine was broke or something. I took it again 110/98 heart rate 151. Ok seriously what the hell. My next few reading over 20 minutes remained the same. I called my OB, he believes that it is because I am sick and since I am sick I should be doing nothing except lying around, obviously getting ready for work (showering, doing my hair etc) raised my BP. Being sick in general will raise my already naturally high and even higher in pregnancy heart rate. Fantastic. He did give me the option of coming in, but instead we agreed that I would be seen tomorrow for a BPP and NST! We both agree this is not Preeclampsia...no worries there. My 24 hour urine from this weekend came back NORMAL...Oh how I LOVE those words.
So here I am yet again home another day, lying around, I will do the same tomorrow, and hope to god I can return to work Saturday! #1. I need the money #2. I am bored! My boss was great, and told me just to take care of myself. I also hope I feel better for my shower! It’s Sunday! Yay! Good thing is it is at my mom's so I don’t have to really do much and another good thing is that I am no longer contagious, just sound like a zombie.
I really hate being sick in pregnancy. I know this is different from last time I was sick with Cara because I can still wear my rings and shoes :) My doc said this could linger for weeks. Fabulous. Just how I wanted to carry out the end of my super high-risk pregnancy. On a good note...its not Preeclampsia! So that’s positive at least! I can say I am not a fan of this happening around my 30th week mark. That marks the date in my pregnancy I lost Cara. Good news...Carter I swear is trying to come out of my belly button daily! So I know he is doing well!
**Little update on Pappy...he DOES NOT have a blood clot in his lungs! YAY! He is on the road to recovery! He is still in cardiac ICU, but hopefully soon will be moved down! You can do this Pappy! We want you home and Carter can't wait to meet you!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
Goodness! I cannot even believe how sick & horrible you have been feeling. Good thing you remembered to take your stats. It probably would have been way higher if you had gone to work w/ all the activity. Glad it is not PE & that there are no signs of it. Even though I know it is boring to just take it easy and get rest you have to so you can get better. Glad Carter is showing you he is doing good by giving you those precious jabs!! Feel better babe. Glad your Pappy is doing well too!
Being sick is the worst when you're pregnant! Take it easy and get better soon! I hope your Pappy continues to get better too. XO
Awww.. that is just awful! I can't imagine how you're feeling.. bleagh! I hope you get better soon, and don't push yourself by going back to work to early! And extra day now to get better, could save you another 3-5 days off later because you don't get better. I know you'll take these next few days... lay around.. watch bad daytime T.V.. and enjoy the time with Carter :) Get better soon!
Hope you start feeling better. Being sick is no fun. I am pretty bad too.
((HUGS))
Thank goodness its not PE!! That being said...REST!!!! Stay on the couch, stay in bed, REST, REST, REST!!!! Feel better!!
;-)
Ah, boo to not feeling so well and being so sick! :( I really hope you feel and get better SOON! I know it is no fun being sick and especially when preggo. Def continue to do lots of resting!
I cannot wait to see pictures of your shower!!! I bet it will be beautiful!!
And AMAZING news on your pappy getting better! Horray!!
Sending lots of good vibes to you, wishing you feel better soon. Lots of thoughts an prayers on the arrival of your rainbow baby...wishing you all the best.
CarrieAnn.
Post a Comment