Last night about 2 hours after dinner, I started vomiting EVERYTHING inside me up I swear! Lets just say I was on the porcelain throne with my head in a garbage can. Fabulous. Of course the day I admitted myself with Cara it was the same issues. So I got a bit nervous...understandable and called in. MIND YOU this is the second time I have had flu like symptoms in about 2 weeks. Strange. Now Im thinkin its really not the flu...and if it is I am a prime advocate that the flu shot is BS!
The on call doctor was not mine as mine was on vacation. Now whenever I call on call which has been only twice in 31 weeks (pretty good) I dont say "I lost my daughter, I almost died blah blah" #1. I shouldnt have to relive that. #2. That is their job as a doctor to know my history. I am not a teacher. I explained my symptoms and was told to come in tomorrow morning. No one seemed to be so concerned. Well this morning at the crack of dawn I get like three phone calls. It was the on call doctor from last night wanting to see me right away. Explaining he read my medical history and was not aware I had a loss. This is where I get a tad aggravated. Why does it matter that I had a loss? Do you need to have a loss for symptoms to be taken seriously? With Cara when I called in I was just every other normal pregnant women...so I guess if I had a loss prior to Cara I would have been taken seriously? Ugh lame. Loss or no loss every pregnant women calling in should be taken seriously. He went on to tell me to come in right away. So I brushed my teeth and away I went.
In the office they got me on the NST (Non stress test) Carter was active, no contractions...all was well in that department. They took my BP 94/60. Wowzers...probably so low because I am super dehydrated, from being so sick last night. Mine is NEVER EVER that low. So I was told to rest the next few days. Resting I am...thats not hard because im exhausted! Dr. did a full blood panel checking ALT and AST, platelets etc...everything. Alt and Ast have to do with Liver and Kidneys. It checks their function. Good news is no protein in urine! Yay! I was sent home and will be gracing them with my presence for more blood work (to check my glucose and a BPP ultrasound annnd side note my 1 hour fasting that I retook came back 86 this time which is fantastic!)
Now...on to answer some questions
Why wern't my labs run stat knowing how quickly this disease progresses? Because this appointment was at the office, he did not feel it was urgent enough to send me to the hospital since I am not throwing up anymore. I am ok with that. I do wish my labs were back today, but I will hang tight until tomorrow. HOWEVER if I throw up or have any more symptoms...I will be heading straight to L&D. No worries. Honestly the reason I did not go last night was because I was so weak, I fell asleep and just needed to rest at that point. If I would have continued throwing up I would have went in. With Cara it was every hour on the hour.
Why didn't they put you in the hospital? My BP is good, no protein in urine, baby is fantastic, so its not urgent. ALTHOUGH Preeclampsia and HELLP can come with no symptoms, or just throwing up etc. You do not have to have high bp and swelling or protein in your urine...there are other symptoms, those were just my symptoms from last pregnancy. This time could be different, lets hope it's nothing of course. IF I have any other reservations I will head straight in today, which is why I am staying home from work today.
Honestly the past few weeks with having the flu, bronchitis and now this. My body just needs rest. I am so tired.
Ok so all in all here is what we are waiting for. If my labs come back fine and Kidney and Liver are good (Last pregnancy they basically shut down) then its the flu...again. If they come back wonky, it could be the start of Preeclampsia.
How am I feeling emotionally? Well I am ok! Nothing I do will change whatever outcome is around the corner, flu or PE. It it is PE. I am 31 almost 32 weeks. Safe zone for baby as apposed to 26 weeks. So I WILL battle PE. If it's not well then the flu just sucks. Am I worrying? Not really. How effective is worrying? Just about as effective as chewing bubble gum.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
Glad that you are feeling a bit better & hope that the labs come back with great results.
I never connected the dots with my last pregnancy, but I got sick (vomiting) before my son was born...before the PP PE set in =0( My doctor didn't take me seriously, at that point...I'm glad that they are taking you seriously!
Thank you for the update. Glad you are doing what you feel is right for you & Carter! Only you know how to go about handling all these things that have been thrown your way!! Wonderful news that all is looking good thus far! I will be waiting to hear the results of your tests tomorrow!! Hope you get the much needed rest you need after last night! Thanks for answering all the questions and making it understandable to those of us who are not sure of all the terminology & facts of PE! I'm very proud of the fact that you are doing everything in your power to be positive, and your outlook is so uplifting! Best of luck & I will continue to pray for the both of you! XxOo
I am glad everything so far is okay, and I am glad you have kept us updated, I was worried about you, I just hope in any case its the flu or some 24 hr bug that maybe you caught! and IF it is pree, I KNOW you will battle it out and WIN, just like I did :) you can do this Laura! I know you will bring home that sweet baby Carter in 5.5 weeks and will be just so in love! Youre doing fab mama! Feel better soon!
Glad you are better and that you are in control this time. Keeping you in my prayers. I love your postitive attitude. ((HUGS)) Keep resting as much as possible.
I have to say that I am so inspired by your grace under fire. You're absolutley right though..nothing you can do will change it. I will be praying but I'm so happy that everything is okay right now. I hope you feel better soon and get some rest!
Post a Comment