Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today I would have held you in my arms

Poems I wrote for today Cara

Today you would have taken a breath and wiggled your toe.
Today you would have bought a happiness, before we did not know.
Today you would have been pretty in pink.
Today you would have looked up at me with a wink.
Today you would have cried your first tears.
Today you would have the first day to the rest of your years.
Today you watch from above.
Today you can still feel Mommy and Daddy's love.
Today is a day of fear and pain.
Today is a day where we welcome the rain.
Today you tell us we do not have to cry.
Today you tell us is the day heaven sings you lullabies.




I am here, I watch your tears. I know you cannot see me but I am here...
Feel me in the sunny glow
Feel me in the bright white snow
Feel me in the sweet wet rain
Feel me as I try to ease your pain
I am here I watch your tears. I know you cannot see me, but I am here...
I am here to watch over you as you cry
I am here to listen as you ask God why
I am here to hold your hand when sleep
I am here to wipe your tears when you weap
I am here I watch your tears. I know you cannot see me, but I am here...
I will always be wherever you are
I will always shine for you when you look up to a star
I will always love you until you and I are near
But for now...
I am here I watch your tears. I know you cannot see me but I am here...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, that is a heart felt poem, as I type, tears are streaming down my face, Ive written only one poem, since Naomi has passed. I love to write, I want to write more. May you be blessed today & always. We are both blessed to have our beautiful angles watching over us.