On another happy note...I have to say that I have THE BEST family ever...not just mom and dad and brother, uncles and aunts as well. They are constantly there for me. My brother and Uncle John never left my side when I was in the hospital. My Godmother also came to visit me and was there to put ice rags on me! It is such a great feeling knowing that these people will always be there. My inlaws are great as well. They were there to hold Cara and were there for support for my husband and I. My mom never left my side at the hospital, she slept there for a week straight (to be honest I was too scared to be alone after how sick I was) My dad was also there every day! When I was on the Mag (horrible drug) and just lay there flat all day long with no lights on (because I was having vision problems and HORRIFIC headaches) with no TV on...everyone just sit there with me. AMAZING people! It must have been hard for my family to even see ME like that! Scary im sure! I got an email from one of my uncles and he said "We just need to have faith in God and our family and friends and learn from every experience that we are given in life even when that experience is death."

I also wanna say I have the greatest friends ever. My best friend Ashley wanted to fly up to be with me for crying out loud! My good friend Stephanie came to visit me in the hospital before I delivered. The people I work with/for (who I do not even call friends, they are just at this point...better than friends...like family) were constantly in touch with me...every single one. Through email, phone calls, through my family and they were always concerned about me. It makes me feel so good knowing how many people really care. I do feel bad sometimes because I am at work most of the time and what happened to me and my story comes up a lot, daily infact with clients and just in general, and I know for some people it can get very hard to hear time and time again, let alone emotional. But I know everyone understands.










4 comments:
Dearest Laura, The reason so many of us were there for you is because of the way you treat us all. With love. Unconditional, sweet, understanding love. This time will not get easier, we just learn to live in peace with it. Day by day. Thank you for sharing your heart and your knowledge of this terrible disorder. Again your love of others will help so many. love Aunt Pam
Hi Laura,
I am also in Illinois and lost twins in November. Praying you find peace in your heart. Glad dr. gave you okay to start again. It is a scary journey but our need to hold a live baby is greater then the sadness of our horrible losses. Hopefully I will be able to try again soon. Lizy
Oh Laura *hugs* I don't think the yearning to be a mother ever goes away...it only gets stronger with time.
I am so glad that you have an awesome support system all around. It is such a blessing!
love and prayers
elena
Post a Comment