Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dear Gia

Here we go again. SO a little backround on my Gia. We "rescued" her from a not so great home. Clearly she is as cute as pie. Well when Gia was about 6 months old all hell broke loose. We soon learned she COULD NOT be confined. We purchased  a heavy duty metal crate, she broke out, losing 6 of her teeth and needing medical attention. It did not stop there. We lost a couch...a door frame...the list goes on. Now she is the WORLDS sweetest dog. She would never harm a fly.

This is what I came home to today...

Tears...lots of tears. She has not behaved this way in over a year. I do not know what sparked this. Arthur always is in our room with the door shut because Miss. Gia likes to let him out to play (yes she can open the door) Arthur has been in our bedroom for about 6 months with no problem...today obviously Gia had a problem. Who knows what it was. I was simply in tears when I came home. Our house in on the market and we will be moving, I do not know how we can handle this anymore.

Now we have also tried EVERYTHING. Medication, doggie daycare, training, you name it...nothing works for her. We do not know what makes her like this, and why it happens so sporadically. I can't fathom putting her down. She is such a lover. I can't fathom giving her up, but if we found a home good enough, we would.

Here is where all of you come into play. Does anyone know of any rescue organizations, or anything? Any suggestions or input would be fantastic.

Oh I want to edit this to add that Gia has free roam of our house.

Also wanted to add that every day I wish I would have had a second surgery on Charlie to fix him. I already spent well over 6 thousand dollars...I should have just done more to help him. I regret every day taking the easy way out and letting him go. It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. I do not want to do that with Gia...just give her away :(

4 comments:

KAM said...

We have a shih-tzu that acted the same way. He went wild in a crate and destroyed anything he could sink his teeth into if we locked him up in the bathroom. We tried the calming spray, calming pills, benadryl, you name it. The only thing that worked was letting him have the run of the house. Now he's a perfect angel. However, we tried this an hour at a time until we felt comfortable enough to realize he wasn't going to do anything.

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

My Sister in laws works for a pet rescue (here in FL). However, they swear by "rescue remedy" found in GNC health stores. They measure out the dropper in dogs water bowls, or if they are going to be out showing these dogs they squirt it directly in their mouths. It helps with anxiety and chills them out a bit more...

DaisyJo said...

Is there a way to keep her safely outdoors more often? Have her in at night or and sometimes during the day? I realize that this is a bothersome idea to some people, but a lot of dogs LOVE to be outside.

Jill said...

Oh Laura, this just broke my heart to read and see this that you have had such a hard time with your puppy and to see you have been so emotional and upset with all of this, I would be too! I hope you can find something that will work and won't have to give her away. I wish I had a suggestion! :( I pray that one of these ladies suggestions work!! xox Hang in there!!