I have started planning for little Carter.
We have purchased his bedding,
furniture (even tho that wont arrive until Feb!),
his big white Pottery Barn teddy,
ahhh I cant believe it! I am 23 weeks and feeling great. No more headaches...no swelling... I have a few higher BP's, but mainly after work or a day of running errands. I would like to work through Christmas..so please fingers crossed! I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday and will be asking about the few elevated pressures.
I have bought some odds and ends a few blankets, some onesies, and today at hallmark I found a all white bear that had engraved on it "God danced the day you were born" almost put me to tears...So of course I had to have that as well.
I said I would not buy/do all these things because I hate the unknown. BUT you know what. This baby deserves everything we did for Cara. I can't sit back and say lets be cautious just in case...I just can't because Carter will be my take home baby. Positive thoughts...plus I WOULD LIKE to pretend this pregnancy is just as normal as everyone else's in the world...
I have to admit that I am getting nervous about planning a shower. My shower will be when I am 30 weeks on the dot. Thats exactly when we had Cara's not even two weeks later she was gone. I am nervous about that...but again...Im going to try not to live in what if's or fear.
In one week I will hit my second goal 24 weeks viability...then its on to set a new one!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












11 comments:
I love everything you are doing for Carter...and am so proud of you for taking all of the steps to believing that everything will be okay. That shows true strength. ((hugs))
The nursery will be beautiful!! I hear ya on trying to give the rainbow baby the same things as his big sister had. I struggle with it. I want to go "baby crazy", but I am hesitant, and I also have to be realistic...we already have a lot of things for a baby girl.
I think it is a good thing to plan and be excited for Carter. It is especially hard to do after a loss, but you are giving Carter his special place just like you said. And this is parenting him in your own way right now while he is still inside and growing.
If you need anything for his wall ~ I would love to do something special for you. I actually had a promotion a while back for mama's having their rainbow babies (50% off my Fanciful collection at www.beyondwordsdesigns.blogspot.com) and if your interested, just let me know. I can paint Carter's name to match the bedding and it will be unique and something that no one else has.
Just an idea;)
I'm so glad you're able to do everything for Carter. He deserves it! I've been so afraid, but I'm going to start to try and get over that real soon. I had my shower for Alexandra at 30 weeks too. :( Here's to reaching your next goal!!!! xo
You are right, Laura... Carter deserves everything Cara had and you deserve to be excited and to plan for your little man!
Mourning one babe while celebrating the babe growing inside you is hard to balance. I understand.
Love the bedding and that teddy looks SO cozy!!
xo
Laura, I LOVE everything you wrote! Absolutely beautiful! I wish I got to plan like that! I love the choices you picked out for his nursery, just beautiful! I am so excited for you Laura and I believe you will get to full term as well if not very close! Youre doing amazing! Go Carter Go!
I love that bedding!
YAY for 23 weeks!!!! So thrilled you are almost to your next goal!! I agree you should be doing exactly what you did for Cara for this little guy Carter!! He deserves it and so do you guys! You absolutely cannot live wondering what the future holds. Live one moment at a time and enjoy every step of the way!! The bedding & furniture you guys have purchased are gorgeous!! Being nervous is a given, but going about this pregnancy as if it is "normal like every other pregnant woman" is the right thing to do!! Way to stay positive! I will continue to pray for you & Carter!! XxOo
I am so so happy for you!!!! Those things are just gorgeous! They are going to be perfect for Carter! You are such a good mommy to BOTH of your babies! I am so proud of you! I have NO DOUBT that Carter will be comming home with you. Your little Cara is busy being a good big sister and watching over her baby brother so that he gets safely into your arms. God bless you.
Love,
Mary
Good for you for buying stuff! I have to admit that I've already caved and bought a few onesies. I have a similar philosophy to you, even if the worst happens again, I want the hope (as much as I realistically can), and I want the "stuff" for this baby no matter what happens.
Now baby showers, I'm not really ready to tackle that concept yet, I'm really not wanting one.
I think it's fantastic that you are doing all of the things that you did during your pregnancy with Cara. Stay positive, you are doing great! When I get pregnant (*fingers crossed*) I will probably re-read all of your blogs to make sure I don't forget to celebrate my next pregnancy too! His nursery design is soo cute too!
Post a Comment