Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 12, 2010

Preparing

This weekend is Cara's Memorial. We are holding it on sunday the 14th. Her REAL birthday is November 17. We learned she was gone on the 16th and I delivered her 26 hours later.

The past few days I have been searching for prayers and poems that best fit Cara and her story. Its not easy thats for sure. Tonight I looked through most of her pictures with no tears, this is a first.  While others plan cake and present opening, we will be planning a visit to her grave, and leaving her behind. Thats the hardest part is turning to leave.

If 2 years ago you told me that I would be planning my daughters one year memorial I would have never believed you. Things like that do not happen to people like me. Dont we all think that? Well dont think like that because thats when shit blindsides you at 11:45 p.m. on a Monday morning.

My mind is all over the place lately. I am realizing that things in life that I thought were important, are not. I think you really have to go through a life shattering experience such as losing a child to understand, otherwise you dont. Not that I expect anyone to. Death is hard in general. The death of a grandparent or a parent ...that all is devastating, they are supposed to go before you...but your child should never die before you, yet alone not even get a chance to live. Its frustrating to me that she never was given that chance, she was so innocent.

I am just focused on bringing home a living child. I am trying not to let anything else bother me. Not my house, not money, not what I am going to wear to a christmas party, not how I am going to pay my next 600$ medical bill. Nothing matters except Carter. I owe it to him, and to Cara. I am just trying to get through, although it will never be easy, nothing is worse than remembering what happened to myself and as a result what happened to Cara.

If someone would please advise me when the world plans on shitting rainbows and ponies, so no one has to suffer...please let me know!

4 comments:

Abigail said...

I agree that it is very unfair to have to say goodbye before you are ever able to say hello to a child. They are so innocent and no one should go through that EVER!! I think you have been doing an amazing job of being very aware of all that is going on through this pregnancy and doing your best to stay healthy! I will continue to pray for you & Carter to make it through each milestone!! I think you are taking the best approach of not worrying about the things you cannot control. Keep taking care of yourself & Cater!! XxOo

Malory said...

Thinking of you & Cara this weekend. I hope her memorial service brings you comfort & some healing as Janessa's did for me. I even received some closure. Not closure in the sense I am now anywhere near over her loss but it felt incredible to have a day in her honor, her memory. Sending you love Laura.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you this week. Good for you for focusing on the important thing - bringing home Carter. None of the other shit matters...Stay strong and know that I am thinking about you and Cara with love this week!

Unknown said...

It is definitely unfair to have to outlive one's child. And you are right things that mattered before just don't anymore. Thinking of you always.