So in a previous post I blogged about losing my sweet Arthur and being able to find him after 4 long hours!
Get this....if you can believe it
So this am I let the dogs out only to notice that there was a stray husky running around, with no leash or collar just like how Arthur was. Now I am a animal lover. I will go to great lengths to help animals. ALWAYS. I ran and grabbed a leash and he came right to me. I knew that a house right by mine had a Husky, I rang the bell and their husky greeted me at the door. CRAP. Who the heck's dog was this. I went back home and I put him in our fenced in yard and got my car keys out...were going for a ride to find his home.
I drove with him and all his shedding fur and muddy paws around my neighborhood stopping when I saw people. He was obviously well cared for, and someone was more than likely missing him.
I saw this young guy maybe in his 30's driving around, I stopped him. It was his dog! I got out of the car and handed his dog over. He was overjoyed, explaining how he has been looking for him and just called the police. He told me how thankful he was and that he had to give me something. Of course I refused. No amount of money is ever better than finding a lost dog's home, or ever better than they way you feel when you find a dogs owner. I told the guy how I lost my Arthur last week and I am just thankful to have found his owner. He asked if he could give me a hug, of course I said yes. Two total strangers hugging in the middle of the street...simply priceless. I told him Happy Thanksgiving!
Remember to always pay it forward. If you see a elderly couple needing help DONT look the other way...help. If someone drops something, tell them. If you EVER see a loose animal help them too! They are someones child, that wandering dog or cat you may think is mean or will bite, more than likely is missing their owner, cold and helpless.
Happy Thanksgiving! After all isnt this what Thanksgiving is about?
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
I LOVE your story. I am an animal lover, too, and always help when I can. Just wait until your little man learns compassion, too. Nothing makes me more proud than seeing my kids care...even if it means nursing 3 week old kittens that my 10 year old saves. :) The world needs more compassion...and people like you!
That's amazing Laura!!! So glad you got to pay to pay it forward!! I wish someone like you would have found out kitty last November, she ran away and we were devastated. I know this must have meant a lot to that man!
Happy Thanksgiving :)
xo
What a great story! I don't think you could have had a better one for thanksgiving!!
That is just wonderful. I am so glad you found his owner.
Happy thanksgiving to you!
That was awesome what you did!! I am sure the owner was thrilled to have his buddy back...especially right before the holidays!! Paying it forward is the best thing to do because you never know when you may be the one in need of someone else being honest or helping you out if you ever find yourself in a bind!
How awesome of you! I've collected and sent home loose dogs a few times now, as we have two and I would definitely want someone to do the same for us. (Another idea just in case it happens again is to take the dog to your vet or shelter or wherever that has a microchip scanner and see if they are chipped.)
You have me in tears again. Happy tears of course. That was amazing of you! Definitely like the pay it forward mentality.
Post a Comment