Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 8, 2010

Tree of Light Memorial Mass

On Sunday my mom, dad, brother his boyfriend and my hubby and I all attended a tree lighting for lost babies. My girlfriend Amelia (who I met through a share group almost a year ago) over at Hendryx Family also attended in honor of her daughter Brenna who was born Nov 2nd, 15 days before Cara, at 38 weeks due to a cord accident. Amelia and I have grown pretty close. I love her! She is currently 27 weeks pregnant with a little girl! We are on this journey together! It was nice to have her there as well.

 On the way my mom said "I bought kleenex" I told her I would not be needing them. I sometimes think I am stronger than I really am, because I did need the kleenex. I cried when we lit the candle. Walking up to the alter lighting my candle was so emotional. I was thinking I should not be here. This is so outrageous that my daughter did not live. Sometimes I have to really remind myself that this IS happening. This DID happen.

I would like to share with you all a poem/excerpt that was read.

Silent Hope
God our Father we thank you for the opportunity of bringing us together- people coming from different backrounds, different philiosopies of life- to celebrate this moment in one spirit.

Our differences lead us to find in a common experience that we share our source of unity. We are here to celebrate and remember lives that never survived the struggle of the beginning, lives that will always remain silent hopes within our hearts.

For other people those silent hopes will never have a name because they never spoke a word, they never cried or smiled; they never walked on earth.

For us those silent hopes will always be a part of our lives because they were a part of our dreams. They shared in our mystery and lived in our warmth.

We celebrate them because their presence  has made a difference in our lives and we feel differently and think differently for the mark they have left within us. We will never forget those silent hopes have dies- but more importantly we will always remember that they for a short time had life.

1 comments:

Hendryx2003 said...

Aww! I love you too! I feel the same way. Even during this pregnancy and since Brenna's anniversary I sometimes just sit and think to myself-yes, this is my life now. Just like when we found out, I still don't have her. I never will.