Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Question #2.

What testing did I have done prior to TTC? What advice can I give someone who has experienced PE and or HELLP that is wanting to try again.

As for testing. I had ever test under the sun done. Literally. I had a thrombophilia work up panel done to see if I have any underlying clotting disorders...which I did Factor V, where my blood over clots. Now its common and many people have it without any complications...I obviously had many complications from it, including scans to see if I had a clot in my leg postpartum. Now I am on a lovenox injection every night. Will it help? Well there are studies that say yes, as well as studies that say no. BUT what we do know is that It certainly can't hurt!

I also had underlying testing done to see if I have any autoimmune disorders such a lupus. Anything like that can trigger or put you at a higher risk for developing PE and or HELLP.

Preeclampsia can lead to cardiomyapathy or other heart implications. Because of that I had a EKG, Stress test and 2d Echo. Why not make sure everything is in working order.

The other testing I had done was ever month a urine culture to make sure I had no more protein in my urine (which took almost 5 months to go away) I had blood work checking my liver and kidneys to make sure those numbers were back where they needed to be.

I was SUCH  nervous wreck about my health after what I went through that if there was a test offered I did it.

On the other hand, the first advice is listen to NO ONE except yourself. If you think there is a problem or if you have a feeling something is wrong...99% your right, even if your told your fine. Second...CHECK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE DAILY. I wish I could tell that to every women. Know your numbers, know whats high and whats normal. That would have saved Cara's life. Never feel bad about going in to get checked out when your pregnant. That is why Doctors get paid so much. Its their JOB! Stay till you get answers, be your own advocate and be persistent!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We truly are our babies' advocates *hugs*