Laura,
I was in Rockford today and just got home at 11:30 pm. The reason I start off by telling you that is that I was driving on I-88 and went past the Orchard Road exit and saw the JC Penney that I was at a year ago with Paul Hunk and an instant flashback of the events from a year ago came through my mind. We were at the JC Penney to try to pick out an outfit for Cara. That's when Paul Hunk introduced me to his Sister's specific taste!!! And to think, I thought i knew my niece pretty well.
"No, she won't want bear prints on there."
A few moments later,
"No, she won't want stripes." That's when I stepped aside and let your brother do his thing!
I (we) will never forget Cara. We are all so blessed that you made it through those days a year ago and continue to do so now. You were so strong last Sunday at the memorial and the entire ceremony was beautiful. I hope that you and Kyle did OK the last two days and that Arthur and Gia were able to be there for you as well!
Love Always,
***************









7 comments:
Aaww that is such a sweet letter to receive. Receiving things like that are just priceless.
So sweet. I'm so glad that this very dear person in your life felt led to send you such a thoughtful note and bring you a bit of encouragement. What amazing timing!
Sweetness. Just the thing you needed this week, I am sure. It really is the little things that mean so much.
xo
What a beautiful letter. It is nice that she took out the time to write to you, letting you know that she too remembers. It is so important to know that other people remember too. You are lucky to have such a great support person in your life.
this is so lovely. i'm so glad she took the time to send this sweet letter to you <3
That was so sweet and kind of your family member to send you! I also hope it helped lift your spirits to know that so many love you & your daughter Cara!!
Very thoughtful! So glad you have a dear friend like her.
Post a Comment