Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 14, 2011

Who me?

I have been so overwhelmed with Carter that I have forgotten to update you all with my health, and how I am feeling! I am sure you PE survivors are wondering how its going, as I had HELLP after my last delivery. 

I am feeling great! Seriously!! My pressures are a bit higher 120's over high 80's low 90's but sometimes I get some 70's. I am not swelling, no headaches, vision changes etc. I have lost a good 14 lbs so far. I gained a total somewhere between 30 and 33 lbs. Every passing day my chance for PP PE lessens. I am now one week two days out. I am confident that it should not rear it's ugly head.

Emotionally I am overwhelmed. I am behind on the preeclampsia forums, behind on people's blogs. I know many of you think its easy to just forget about all those things and rest, but that has been my way of coping and healing and dealing with what happened to me November 17 2009. I cant just stop now. I know many BLMs that stop blogging once their Rainbows are here or stop using the forums, and that is their choice, I however can't do that. Those two things have been my therapy and healing the past almost 2 years! I feel so much better knowing I can help others on the forums, and feel wayyyy better blogging and keeping up with the things that have helped me some this far. I am not addicted to facebook or my blog, ( I mean I guess you can say I am if you want) Emotionally I need those things in my life. It is what helps me deal.

This year the promise walk is May 22. I have already decided we will not be walking in March of Dimes even though I really want to especially now that Carter has a stay in the NICU. We will however be walking in the Promise Walk for Preeclampsia. I am already overwhelmed that last year I raised over 2,000$ and this year I know I wont because I just do not have the time to devote to that. If you would like to donate even just 5$ the button is on my site on the upper right hand corner) I am a volunteer for the foundation and was really hoping to participate in more calls and all around participate in helping plan for the walk, but I just don't think that will happen. At least I can be there, and look forward to next year. We of course will always be Team Cara with the pink and white hats!

I consider blogging, facebooking etc another job, and its a job that I love! 

7 comments:

Becky said...

I do not know much of Preclampsia or help but glad to hear you are feeling great.
I am new to the blogging thing since my loss is so recent but am grateful that you continued to blog throughout your last pregnancy and plan to keep at it now that you have had your rainbow. It gives me a lot of hope as I plan to want to get pregnant again and very scared.
I am glad to see you are doing the promise walk for Cara, I will be doing the march of dimes for Liam
I pray things will get better for you and Carter

Becky Baker said...

Awesome news and that much closer to being free of fear!
Thanks for the update, like you said, us survivors have been anxiously awaiting how you are doing!
Thank you and happy resting!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling good through this, it's probably enough stress on you worrying about Carter! I'm still praying for you guys, and hoping that he's home with Mommy & Daddy soon!

Kim said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had to take Carter back to the hospital:( You definitely do deserve to have this portion of your life be normal so hopefully you get some solid answers soon and Carter does a turn around so you can get to living that "normal" life. As far as the forums and blogs, we are so glad to continue to see updates, but don't be too hard on yourself for taking that break away. You have a lot of very important things to focus on and once you get settled at home and feel comfortable that Carter is doing well, I'm sure will get back into everything again. Good luck to, I've been thinking about you guys!

Jill said...

Laura, I am SO glad to hear you are doing well on the pp pre e end. You have so much going on with Carter being readmitted and I am so happy to hear you are doing well, keep on going mama!

I am so glad you continue to blog and fb, yet it is a lot to keep up with, I am glad because I couldn't delete either of them ebcasue I said to my best friend, I want to keep up with my baby mama friends, she understood what I meant. You are one of the girls I talk to most often I really do feel like we connect alot. You have helped me out TREMENDOUSLY you have no idea.

I cannot wait to finally meet you and your family in November. I am so glad to hear you will be walking in the Promsise Walk! I am bummed, but I would still love to walk in it this year, since its 20 minutes from me, but I didnt feel right asking for both MOD and this one. Unless I can devote for SURE next year to do the pree walk alone, and no MOD I am not sure just yet but maybe I can do both/ I def want to get awareness out there of pree.

Youre doing awesome Laura. xoxo and I am continuing to pray for you and family!

Angie said...

I wish they did a walk in St.Louis. (I am way too lazy and all of the work to organize it sounds way too overwhelming for me.) One of these years, we're going to have to come to your Chicago one at least. But for now, I'll definitely donate.

And, I'm glad you plan to stick around!

Abigail said...

I am so glad that thus far you have not shown any signs of PE or HELLP. even better that as each day passes the chances of it "rearing it's ugly head" are even more slim! Yay for that fact!! I am all for whatever helps you cope. I think it is simply amazing of you to continue to blog, FB, and be involved in the forums. I think, as an outsider looking in, that you are a much more stronger person because of the fact that you are able to share your story about your precious Cara & now Carter too. Keep doing what you have been doing because you continue to help so many